Ultralight, super livable semi-freestanding tent for backpacking pairs.
Lighten your pack without sacrificing space with the ultralight, semi-freestanding FreeLite 2, designed for people who want to make the most of their three-season adventures without being weighed down by their gear.
The Inside: Half a pound (226 g) lighter than the previous FreeLite, it still has the true rectangular floor (no foot taper like most other tents) and 39 inches (1.00 m) of headroom, 3 inches more than before. The micromesh tent body provides excellent ventilation (and stargazing) and has a waterproof bathtub-style floor to protect from the elements. Two no-curve tent doors keep you from having to crawl over your partner in the middle of the night, and feature zippers that are easy to use with one hand. They also zip closed to a single point so you always know where to open the door, even in the dark. New tech-friendly pockets feature cable ports at the corners for headphone and charging cords. Overhead gear loft pockets are perfect for headlamps, sunglasses and other quick-access items.
The Outside: The FreeLite’s semi-freestanding design is easy and quick to set up. Super strong DAC NFL tent poles, a DuraShield™ waterproof coating and taped seams keep the weather where it belongs—outside. The cutaway rainfly saves weight and features large vestibules for storing any gear you don’t want inside. Easy in-and-out vestibule doors have StayDry™ rain gutters to keep water from dripping onto you and your gear.
The Bottom Line: If you and your backpacking buddy (two- or four-legged) want camp comfort after putting down the miles with your ultralight pack, the semi-freestanding FreeLite 2 provides the space and features you need at a weight you won’t even notice.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2 lbs. (0.91 kg).
- Livable: True rectangular floorplan and 39 in. (1.00 m) of headroom; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear; interior pockets and overhead gear lofts.
- Waterproof: DuraShield™-coated rainfly and floor and taped seams keep the elements outside where they belong.
- DAC NFL Poles: Super strong, lightweight aluminum tent poles stand up to use and the elements.
- Tech-Friendly Pockets: Cable ports on all pockets for easy cord management.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system and symmetrical design make setup super quick; ultra-compact stuff sack.
- Maximum Airflow: Micromesh tent body minimizes condensation, keeps out the bugs, and lets in the stars on clear nights.
- Durable Details: Reinforced patches, stitching at guy points and locking anodized stake loop grommets for extra strength.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions.