For those in search of an ultralight shelter with greater volume, Hornet OSMO™ offers enviable living space and comfort without sacrificing its airy weight classification. Ranging in capacity from 1P to 3P, Hornet OSMO is made with the ultralight variation of our OSMO™ suite of fabrics, arming it with 3x less wet stretch and a level of water repellency that starts drier and stays drier than the rest. (Even better? OSMO fabrics cut out forever chemicals and extra carbon emissions along with any unnecessary weight.)
Keeping Hornet OSMO extra trim is a minimal pole structure that sets up lightning-quick and pairs with our volumizing Flybar™ and door clips to create generous internal space. Triangulated reflective guy-outs and corner struts also increase volume at the foot and protect sleeping bags from tent wall condensation. An overhead Nightlight Pocket™, Gatekeeper™ one-handed tiebacks, and rectangular Divvy Cube™ stuff sack are new additions that add ease and creature comforts, not ounces. With the new Divvy Cube, this tent packs down small enough to fit in the bottom compartment of your pack — with a sleeping bag!
Both the 3-person and 2-person Hornet OSMO tents have two doors and two vestibules. The 3P weighs under three pounds, the 2P clocks in at only two pounds, and the 1-person is an airy 26 ounces.
- High-performance, proprietary OSMO™ poly-nylon ripstop fabric has 4x better water repellency and 3x less stretch when wet. OSMO fabric is made from 100% recycled yarns that are PFAS-free and meet flame retardancy standards without the use of added chemicals.
- Large doors and vestibules provide ample gear coverage for each person.
- Patent-pending Flybar™ volumizing pole clip adds more room at the head and distributes fly tension evenly. (3P does not include Flybar.)
- Volumizing guy-outs connect the inner tent to the rainfly, pulling the sidewalls outward to create more livable space.
- DAC Featherlite® NSL poles boast minimal weight and connect with a single hubbed intersection for lightning-quick setup.
- Single-handedly tie back the tent door with integrated Gatekeeper™ clips.
- bluesign® approved floor material meets strict ecological and chemical requirements and has been produced with a minimum impact on people and the planet.
- White no-see-um mesh at the side increases privacy, while black mesh at the top turns virtually transparent at night for clear stargazing.
- Triangulated volumizing guy-outs and struts at corners increase volume at the foot, protecting sleeping bags from tent wall condensation.
- Nightlight Pockets™ turn your headlamp into a tent lantern while removing blue light and casting an even glow.
- Divvy Cube™ rectangular stuff sack allows you to still split the weight with your partner but stows more efficiently in your pack.
- Protected by the NEMO Lifetime Warranty.